Mumbai School Admission 2022-23
School Admission in Mumbai 2022-23
According to the Right to Education Act of 2009, 25% of the total seats in the private schools in Mumbai are reserved for students from weaker sections of society.
Right to Education Act is a joint initiative by the Education Department and Government of Maharashtra for the children of economically weaker sections and disadvantaged sections. Those interested parents who want to enroll their kids for admission under the Right to Education need to submit an online application before the last date. The selection of candidates for RTE Maharashtra Admission 2022-23 will be done on the basis of a lottery system.
New Admission Rule in Maharashtra
As per the Government Resolution (GR) of September 18, 2020, the cut-off date for the minimum age for school admission in Maharashtra has been December 31. Due to this cut-off date, children born between October to December faced issues during admission to schools.
Considering this issue, the Education Department of Maharashtra has now changed the minimum age criteria for admission for the academic year 2022-23.
As per the new rule,
- The children born between October 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019, and have completed the minimum age of three years as of December 31, 2022, can take admission to nursery.
- The children born between October 1, 2017, to December 31, 2018, and have completed the minimum age of four years as of December 31, 2022, can take admission to junior KG (LKG).
- The children born between October 1, 2016, to December 31, 2017, and have completed the minimum age of five years as of December 31, 2022, can take admission to senior KG (UKG).
- The children born between October 1, 2015, to December 31, 2016, and have completed the minimum age of six years as of December 31, 2022, can take admission to Class 1.
- The circular states that the age limit can be flexible for pre-primary admission and No school should deny admission to children by citing any age issue.
- The circular also says no upper limit is decided for admissions and it can be kept flexible.
Age Criteria for School Admission in Mumbai / Age Criteria for pre-primary admission in Mumbai
Until January 23, 2015, Schools in Maharashtra had no uniformity in cut-off dates for pre-primary and class 1 admissions. Thereafter, the Education department of Maharashtra recommended July 31 as the admission cut-off date to bring about a common cut-off date across different educational boards despite different academic calendars.
The Government of Maharashtra in its resolution in 2017, relaxed the cut-off date for admissions to September 30 while the September 2020 Government Resolution, further pushed the admission cut-off date to December 31.
|Class||Minimum Age Limit as on December 31, 2022||Maximum Age Limit as on December 31, 2022|
|Nursery||3 Years||Less than 04 Years and 3 Months|
|Junior KG (LKG)||4 Years||Less than 05 Years and 3 Months|
|Senior KG (UKG)||5 Years||Less than 06 Years and 3 Months|
|Class 1||6 Years||Less than 07 Years and 3 Months|
Documents Required for School Admission in Mumbai 2022-23
The important documents that are required during the admission process are listed below. However, the documents can vary for different schools.
- Child’s Aadhar Card
- Father’s/Guardian’s (if applicable) Aadhar Card
- Mother’s/Guardian’s (if applicable) Aadhar Card
- Passport-sized photo of the Child
- Passport-sized photo of Child’s Father/Guardian
- Passport-sized photo of Child’s Mother/Guardian
- Parent’s academic qualification certificates (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Documents Supporting Address Proof for school admission in Mumbai are: Ration card of the family | Passport | Telephone bill | Electricity bill
- Municipal Birth Certificate of the child
- Caste certificate (in the child’s name – if applicable)
- Previous Year Marksheet (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate (In Case of Board Changes)
Process of School Admission in Mumbai
School admission in Mumbai is as difficult as in any metro city in India. When lakhs of children seek admissions into schools every year, there is bound to be some competition. The Mumbai school admission process is both online and offline for the convenience of parents.
Offline school admission in Mumbai - Parents had to visit individual schools and submit an offline form on the school counters to apply to the respective schools. Applying to multiple schools with different forms, checking their different eligibility criteria, and following up with the schools on updates makes it a difficult and time-consuming process.
Online school admission in Mumbai - UniApply is a common application platform where you can explore, shortlist, and apply online to multiple schools in Mumbai at the same time. You have to fill out a single application form and can send your application to multiple schools. The whole admission process through UniApply is automated and parents get notified in real-time.
How to Find the Best Schools in Mumbai
- Explore all Schools in Mumbai
- Filter schools based on distance, fees, education boards, and popularity among other metrics.
- Make sure to check & shortlist the schools that meet your requirements.
- Compare schools based on key school stats, academic stats, admission & eligibility criteria, teacher-student ratio, available facilities, etc.
How to Apply Online for School Admission in Mumbai
For admission to some of the best and top schools in Mumbai, all you need to do is login to UniApply.com and apply to your favorite schools.
- Login to UniApply.com
- Explore & shortlist the schools you want to apply for.
- Click on Apply button for the class where you want to enroll your child.
- Fill the child profile in a Common application form
- Make the payment
- Submit the application form to selected Schools at once
- Your application form fee will be submitted to the school in real-time, through a secured payment method.