Starting a new academic year can add a bit of stress to the parent’s life because the new year comes with the hope of better education and enrolling the child in a better school. With the betterment of government schools, parents have focused a lot on getting their children enrolled in Kendriya Vidyalaya and its admission process is a bit of a long task. In this blog, we are going to talk about all the things that you need to know about the KV admission process and KV admission 2023-24.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya is one of the most popular chains of government schools and offers good quality education to students. Every year before the start of the new academic year Kendriya Vidyalaya opens its admission window and receives a large number of applications. Then a proper procedure is followed and different merits lists and waiting lists are released to announce the names of the students who got admission.
The admission procedure for primary school for the year 2023-24 has already started and the first merit list for class I have already been released. To apply for admission head on to the official website of KVS- kvsangathan.nic.in
KV Admission Eligibility Criteria
There are not many hard and fast eligibility criteria points that you need to meet to get enrolled in Kendriya Vidyalaya. Only two things are considered the nationality of the students and their age limit.
Nationality Criteria for KV Admission
- The children of Indian Nationals can apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24.
- The children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to any reason are also eligible for KVS admission 2023-24.
Age Limit for KV Admission 2023-24
Mentioned below are the minimum and maximum age that a child should have at the time of admission to their respective classes.
|Class I||5-7 Years|
|Class II||6-8 Years|
|Class III||7-9 Years|
|Class IV||8-10 Years|
|Class V||9-11 Years|
|Class VI||10-12 Years|
|Class VII||11-13 Years|
|Class VIII||12-14 Years|
|Class IX||13-15 Years|
|Class X||14-16 Years|
- The age limit can be relaxed a little by the Principal in some particular cases like differently-abled children.
What are the Documents required for KV School Admission?
A very crucial step of the school admission process is the paperwork. A lot of documents related to the child’s previous education, parents’ background, and more such things are required. Following is the list of some compulsory and additional documents that need to be submitted during the admission process.
- Birth Certificate or proof of DOB
- Passport Size photo of the child
- Residence Proof
- SC/ST/OBC certificate
- EWS/BPL certificate
- An affidavit in the case of a Single Girl Child
- Service certificate of employee
- A proof of the relationship of a child’s parents with grandparents.
How to fill KV Admission Form?
With the digitalization of the admission process, parents can easily fill out the admission form online. All you need to do is visit the official website of KVS- kvsangathan.nic.in and fill in all the required details.
How to Apply Online for KV Admission?
The whole admission and application process is brought online for the convenience of parents. All you need to do is keep the dates in mind and fill out the form. The admission process is divided into two initial steps, registration and form submission.
Mentioned below are the steps you need to follow to make the registration:
- Visit the official website of KVS – kvsangathan.nic.in
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Read the instructions carefully and enable the checkbox of declaration, then click on ‘Proceed’.
- The KVS registration window will open on the screen. Enter the name of the child, parent’s name, date of birth, e-mail ID, mobile number, and other details in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the captcha code as shown and click on the ‘Register‘ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the entered mobile number. Enter the same and submit to confirm the contact details.
- Login details will be shown on the screen. Note them down and keep them safe for further reference.
Once the registration is done then comes the step of form filling and submission. Below are the steps you need to follow for the final form submission:
- Click on the ‘Login’ tab given on the homepage of – kvsangathan.nic.in
- Enter the login details that were generated after the completion of the registration process. Then click on the ‘Login’ button.
- KVS class 1 application form 2023-24 will open on the screen. Fill out the details very carefully ensuring that there are no mistakes in the details entered.
- Now click on the ‘Next’ button. Select the choice of schools from the list provided there. Students can select up to 3 school that falls under the Kendriya Vidyalaya group for admission in 2023.
- Upload scanned copy of colored photograph and DOB certificate. Follow the guidelines of the size and dimensions asked for the same.
- Click on the ‘Preview’ button and check the details entered carefully. Edit it, if any information or details needs to be changed or corrected.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Note down the generated application submission code shown on kvsangathan.nic.in 2023.
How to Check KV Admission List?
Around 3 merit lists are released by KVS to declare the name of names of selected students. Lists are released one after another and students can find their names on them to find out if they have got the admission or not. To check the merit list and the status of your admission you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website at kvsangathan.nic.in
- On the homepage, go to the ‘About KVS’ tab and click on Directories
- Click on ‘Directory of KVS’
- A new window will appear on the display screen
- Select the Region, State, and City that you have applied for during admission and click on search to get the names of the KVs in the region
- The regional KVS website will appear on the display screen
- Click on the link to check the provisional merit list
- Scroll down and check your results.
What is Lottery Number in KV Admission?
While giving admissions and accepting applications, KVS has a priority list:
- First priority is the central government employee ward.
- Second priority is for the army and ex-army man-child.
- Third priority is for government employees.
- Fourth priority is for the Single girl child quota.
- Fifth priority is for private or self-employee personnel
Lottery number is a method of giving admission to the wards of private or self-employed personnel. Students are given admission on the basis of number. KVS issues a proper list with the name of students whose applications got selected on their official website.
What is the Waiting list for KV Admission?
Termed the waiting list, it is an additional list released by KVS after all the merit lists. It includes the names of eligible candidates who could not get admission as seats were full. They will get a call for admission if any of the selected students did not join the school. You can easily check this list on the official admission website.
If you are also someone who believes in the education, rules, and value that KVS offers to its students and wants to enroll your child in it then now is the time to take action. By following all the steps of the admission process mentioned above, filling in all the details properly, and meeting all the eligibility you can easily get your child enrolled in Kendriya Vidyalaya and provide them with a good education.