Nursery Admission 2022-23 Delhi: Apply Online
Table of Content
- Delhi Nursery Admission 2022-23 (Wed, 15 Dec, 2021 – Fri, 21 Jan, 2022)
- Delhi Nursery Admission 2022-23 - Important Dates
- All about DoE, Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022-23, Age Eligibility, Point Criteria and more
- Delhi Nursery Admission Program
- DoE Guidelines for Schools on Selection Criteria for Nursery Admission 2022-23
- What is the Minimum Age for Admission in Nursery in Delhi?
- What are the Documents Required as Proof of Address for Delhi Nursery School?
- What are the Compulsory Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022-23?
- Reservation of Seats for Delhi Nursery School Admission
- How to Apply for Delhi Schools | Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022-23
- How to Fill Nursery Admission Forms for Schools in Delhi?
Delhi Nursery Admission 2022-23 (Wed, 15 Dec, 2021 – Fri, 21 Jan, 2022)
The season of admissions is close and all parents want their children to win this race against the limited seats available in the capital. A child’s future very much depends on the root planted in the beginning, so it is primitive to find a good school for Nursery admission.
The process for Nursery School Admission 2022-23, Delhi has been started with the Directorate of Education(DoE) announcing the date of commencement of availability of application forms. Admission schedule is now available for Entry Level Classes, i.e. for children below 6 years of age for Open seats in Private Unaided Recognized Schools of Delhi for the session 2022-2023.
Delhi Nursery Admission 2022-23 - Important Dates
|Commencement of admission process and availability of forms||December 15, 2021|
|Last date of submission of application forms in schools||January 21, 2022|
|Uploading details of children who applied to the school for admission under Open Seats||January 24, 2022|
|Uploading marks (as per points system) given to each of the children who applied for admission under open seats||January 28, 2022|
|First list of selected children release date||February 4, 2022|
|Second list of selected children release date||February 21, 2022|
|Admission procedure closing date||March 31, 2022|
All about DoE, Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022-23, Age Eligibility, Point Criteria and more
Delhi Nursery Admission Program
According to the Right to Education Act, 25 percent of seats in private schools in Delhi are reserved for the EWS category (lower income group). Delhi Nursery Admission Program is a joint initiative by the Directorate of Education and Government of Delhi for the children of economically weaker sections and disadvantaged sections. The pre-school studies of the beneficiaries applying under the Delhi Nursery Admission Program will be financed by the Government of Delhi. Under this program around 22% of seats are reserved for the Economically Weaker Section and disadvantaged group category students. Along with this 3% of seats under are reserved for children with special needs. If an applicant comes under the criteria given for admission under this program, then they can apply for the program. In Delhi, around 1800 private schools have reserved seats of approximately 1.25 lakh.
DoE Guidelines for Schools on Selection Criteria for Nursery Admission 2022-23
- Nursery admission process in Delhi schools is based on a points system. Schools usually assign points to criteria like - neighbourhood (distance from school), sibling in the same school, parents as alumni, first child etc.
- To get admission in the private unaided schools for children falling under General Category, Point System (based on the admission criteria adopted by the school) method will be followed. These points are defined by the Selection Criteria that each school has agreed to. The maximum points are 100.
- Every school in Delhi defines their point criteria on various parameters and submits the same to the Directorate's website.
- Schools are required to notify their number of seats and the admission criteria by Tuesday 14 Dec 2021.
- A non-refundable amount of only ₹25 can be charged as an admission registration fee. The purchase of a school prospectus is optional for the parents.
- All private unaided recognized Schools admitting children in preschool, pre-primary and/or Class- I level shall reserve 25% seats for EWS/DG category students & Child with Disability.
- No deviation from the declared schedule shall be permitted. Each school shall display the admission schedule on its website as well as on the notice board.
- Schools shall ensure that application forms for admission are made available to all applicants till the last date of submission of admission's application form i.e. 07/01/2022.
- All Schools shall comply that the number of seats at the entry levels shall not be less than the highest number of seats in entry-level classes during the last three sessions 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22.
- As per DoE guidelines, admission criteria adopted by Schools should be fair, reasonable, well defined, unambiguous, non-discriminatory, and transparent.
- All the Private Unaided Recognized Schools shall ensure that their admission criterion is in compliance with the provisions of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 in respect of admissions of Children with Disabilities.
- No school shall adopt a criterion that has been abolished by the Directorate of Education including charging of donations or capitation fees. Pre-schools or Montessori schools governed by registered societies or Trusts shall follow a single admission process for their pre-school and main.
- All the schools must ensure that the criterion wise break up of points of all applicant children are displayed on their website also.
- All the Private Unaided Recognized Schools shall upload the details of children who apply for admission under Open Seats and points allotted to each of them by the schools under their point system, on the module available on the departmental website at the link through login Id and password-School Plant-School Information-details of applicants under open seats 2022-23.
- According to the seat availability, the children who have attained the maximum points will be selected by the school.
What is the Minimum Age for Admission in Nursery in Delhi?
The age relaxation for admission of upto 30 days may be granted at the level of head of school in the minimum & upper age limit for these classes. The parents may approach the Head of School/Principal for seeking age relaxation through a manual application.
|Class||Minimum Age Limit as on 31st March 2022||Maximum Age Limit as on 31st march 2022|
|For Pre-School (Nursery)||3 Years||Less than 04 Years|
|For Pre-Primary (KG)||4 Years||Less than 05 Years|
|For Class- 1st||5 Years||Less than 06 Years|
- Child born from 31st March 2018 to 31st March 2019 is eligible for Nursery / Pre-School
- Child born from 31st March 2017 to 31st March 2018 is eligible for Pre-Primary / KG / Prep
- Child born from 31st March 2016 to 31st March 2017 is eligible for Class 1st
What are the Documents Required as Proof of Address for Delhi Nursery School?
Some of indicative documents which can be considered as proof of residence of parents/child:
- Ration Card/Smart Card issued in the name of parents (Mother/Father having name of child).
- Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents.
- Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents.
- Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
- Aadhar Card/UID card issued in the name of any of the parents.
What are the Compulsory Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022-23?
- Passport-sized Photo of the Child, Child's Father/Guardian & Child's Mother/Guardian : A digital photograph with white background. The photograph shouldn’t be older than 3 months. OR a properly cropped scanned photograph.
- Family Photo: A single digital photograph with father, child, and mother with white background. The photograph shouldn’t be older than 3 months. OR a properly cropped scanned photograph.
- Residential Proof: Use any one from these – Ration Card belonging to parent (with child’s name mentioned); Voter ID (front & back); Passport of any parent (both the sides); Aadhar Card of the child or any parent; Bill (water/electricity/MTNL telephone) on child’s or any parent’s name.
- Child’s Birth Certificate: Issued by the Municipal Corporation. It should be properly cropped with no irrelevant background and the child’s name, D.O.B, parent’s name, and attestation by relevant authority should be clearly visible. Child’s name and D.O.B must be countersigned by the Registrar of Birth.
- Child’s Medical Fitness Certificate: Issued by a registered medical practitioner. The certificate should have Blood Group, Allergies (if any), Vaccination, etc. Before uploading, make sure there’s no irrelevant background and the D.O.B, child’s name and other details are clearly visible.
- Child’s Aadhar Card, Father’s/Guardian’s (if applicable) Aadhar Card, Mother’s/Guardian’s (if applicable) Aadhar Card: Both front and back should be uploaded. Document should be properly cropped with no irrelevant background, showing the address, name, birth year, and Aadhar Card number clearly.
Reservation of Seats for Delhi Nursery School Admission
How to Apply for Delhi Schools | Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022-23
How to Fill Nursery Admission Forms for Schools in Delhi?
- Explore all Nursery Schools in Delhi listed on UniApply
- Filter schools based on distance, fees, and popularity among other metrics
- Shortlist and Compare schools based on key school stats, academic stats, admission criteria & eligibility, teacher-student ratio, available facilities, etc.
- Fill UniApply’s Common Application Form and apply to multiple shortlisted schools at once
- Get real-time application status updates and finalize your decision
Delhi Nursery Admission Guidelines for 2022-23 Academic Session - Download
Also, read the below article for a better understanding of the Delhi Nursery School admission process:
- Delhi School Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admission
- How to Fill Admission Forms of Nursery Schools in Delhi
- Nursery Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Child
- School Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Parents
What is the Role of UniApply in School Admission Process?
The main aim of UniApply is to ease out the admission process for parents as well as schools. In Delhi, on an average it takes 20-25 days for a parent to complete the application process, but the processing time of application through UniApply is just 1 to 1.5 days. Parents can track the admission timeline and create the reminder by using the “Notify me” button. They can filter out the schools as per their preference and create their own shortlist, for applying to those schools they just need to fill one application form and do the payment in one go. Not only this, parents can track the stages of their application process on a real time basis on the dashboard provided. UniApply saves time and helps parents in making the right choice for their children.
4 Feb 2022
Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022: First List to Release Today, Here’s How to Check
Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022 first list to release today, February 4, 2022. Parents can check the list through these simple steps given below.
Directorate of Education, Delhi has released the Delhi Nursery Admissions 2022 first list of selected candidates on February 4, 2022. The list will have marks allotted under the points system in it. Parents and guardians can check the list through the official site of the Directorate of Education on edudel.nic.in.
Parents can raise queries, if any, by written/ email/ verbal interaction regarding the allotment of points to their wards for the first list from February 5 to February 12, 2022. To check the first list candidates can follow these simple steps given below.
Delhi Nursery, KG, Class 1 Admission Result Today, How to Check
- Visit the official site of Directorate of Education on edudel.nic.in or visit the website of the respective schools.
- Click on Admission Criteria link available on the home page.
- A new page will open where candidates can click on Nursery/ KG/1st First list link available.
- Check the ward name and download the page.
- Keep a hard copy of the same for further need.
- All the private unaided recognized schools admitting children in pre-school, pre-primary and/or Class 1 level shall reserve 25 percent seats for EWS/DG category students and Child with Disability at entry level classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ When will nursery admission start in Delhi for Session 2022-23?
✅ What is the last date of school admission in Delhi for Session 2022-23?
✅ What is the age criteria for nursery admission in Delhi for Session 2022-23?
✅ What are the documents required for admissions in Delhi?
✅ When will school admissions start in Delhi?
✅ How can I check schools near me?
✅ How can I apply to schools in Delhi with UniApply?
✅ How can I get admissions in schools in Delhi?
Fill the child profile.
Make the payment.
Submit application form.
Your application form fee will be submitted to school in real time, through a secured payment method.