Nursery Admission 2023-24 Delhi: Apply Online
Table of Content
- Delhi Nursery Admission 2023-24
- Delhi Nursery Admission 2023-24 - Important Dates
- All about DoE, Delhi Nursery Admissions 2023-24, Age Eligibility, Point Criteria, and more
- Delhi Nursery Admission Program
- DoE Guidelines for Schools on Selection Criteria for Nursery Admission 2023-24
- What is the Minimum Age for Admission to Nursery in Delhi?
- What are the Documents Required as Proof of Address for Delhi Nursery School?
- What are the Compulsory Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admissions 2023-24?
- Reservation of Seats for Delhi Nursery School Admission
- How to Apply for Delhi Schools | Delhi Nursery Admissions 2023-24
- How to Fill Nursery Admission Forms for Schools in Delhi?
Delhi Nursery Admission 2023-24
School admission is extremely crucial as it plants the seed for a good school education journey and parents are always primitive about finding a good school for their children. Admission season in the National capital is always a race, parents want their children to grab a seat in the limited seats available.
The state government released a circular on Monday declaring that admission to private nursery schools for the academic year 2023-24 in the national capital and the NCR region will commence from 1 December 2022. It has stated all the important dates like the first list will be announced on 20 January 2023 and the last date for the admission process is 17 March 2023.
Delhi Nursery Admission 2023-24 - Important Dates
|Uploading of Criteria||November 28, 2022|
|Commencement of Admission Process||December 1, 2022|
|Last Date to Submit Application forms in Schools||December 23, 2022|
|Uploading Details of Students Applied for Admission Under Open Seats||January 6, 2023|
|Uploading Marks Given to Each Student who Applied for Admission||January 13, 2023|
|First List of Selected Students||January 20, 2023|
|Resolution of Queries of Parents (if any)||January 21 to 30, 2023|
|Second List of Selected Children||February 6, 2023|
|Resolution of Queries of Parents (if any)||February 8 to 14, 2023|
|Subsequent List of Admission, if any||March 1, 2023|
|Closure of Admission Process||March 17, 2023|
Delhi Nursery Admissions Masterclass 2023-24: A Detailed Discussion on Delhi Admission Process
Delhi Nursery Admission Program
According to the Right to Education Act, 25% of seats in private schools in Delhi are reserved for the EWS category (lower income group). Delhi Nursery Admission Program is a joint initiative by the Directorate of Education and the Government of Delhi for the children of economically weaker sections and disadvantaged sections. The preschool studies of the beneficiaries applying under the Delhi Nursery Admission Program will be financed by the Government of Delhi. Under this program around 22% of seats are reserved for the Economically Weaker Section and disadvantaged group category students. Along with this 3% of seats are reserved for children with special needs. If an applicant comes under the criteria given for admission under this program, then they can apply for the program. In Delhi, around 1800 private schools have reserved seats of approximately 1.25 lakh.
DoE Guidelines for Schools on Selection Criteria for Nursery Admission 2023-24
- Nursery admission process in Delhi schools is based on a points system. Schools usually assign points to criteria like - neighborhood (distance from school), siblings in the same school, parents as alumni, first child, etc.
- To get admission in the private unaided schools for children falling under General Category, Point System (based on the admission criteria adopted by the school) method will be followed. These points are defined by the Selection Criteria that each school has agreed to. The maximum points are 100.
- Every school in Delhi defines its point criteria on various parameters and submits the same to the Directorate's website.
- A non-refundable amount of only ₹25 can be charged as an admission registration fee. The purchase of a school prospectus is optional for the parents.
- All private unaided recognized Schools admitting children in preschool, pre-primary, and/or Class-I level shall reserve 25% seats for EWS/DG category students & Children with disabilities.
- No deviation from the declared schedule shall be permitted. Each school shall display the admission schedule on its website as well as on the notice board.
- As per DoE guidelines, admission criteria adopted by Schools should be fair, reasonable, well-defined, unambiguous, non-discriminatory, and transparent.
- All the Private Unaided Recognized Schools shall ensure that their admission criterion is in compliance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 in respect of admissions of Children with Disabilities.
- No school shall adopt a criterion that has been abolished by the Directorate of Education including charging of donations or capitation fees. Pre-schools or Montessori schools governed by registered societies or Trusts shall follow a single admission process for their preschool and main.
- All the schools must ensure that the criterion-wise break up of points of all applicant children is displayed on their website also.
- All the Private Unaided Recognized Schools shall upload the details of children who apply for admission under Open Seats and points allotted to each of them by the schools under their point system, on the module available on the departmental website at the link through login Id and password-School Plant-School Information-details of applicants under open seats 2023-24.
- According to seat availability, the children who have attained the maximum points will be selected by the school.
What is the Minimum Age for Admission to Nursery in Delhi?
Age is an important criterion in Nursery School admissions. Mentioned below are all the age-related points that you need to keep in mind:
|Class||Lower Age Limit as of 31st March 2023||Upper Age Limit as of 31st march 2023|
|For Pre-School (Nursery)||3 Years||Less than 04 Years|
|For Pre-Primary (KG)||4 Years||Less than 05 Years|
|For Class 1st||5 Years||Less than 06 Years|
- The child born from 31st March 2019 to 31st March 2020 is eligible for Nursery / Pre-School
- The child born from 31st March 2018 to 31st March 2019 is eligible for Pre-Primary / KG / Prep
- The child born from 31st March 2017 to 31st March 2018 is eligible for Class 1st
The age relaxation for admission of up to 30 days may be granted at the level of head of school in the minimum & upper age limit for these classes. The parents may approach the Head of the School/Principal for seeking age relaxation through a manual application.
What are the Documents Required as Proof of Address for Delhi Nursery School?
Some of the indicative documents which can be considered as proof of residence of parents/child:
- Ration Card/Smart Card issued in the name of parents (Mother/Father having the name of child).
- Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents.
- Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents.
- Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
- Aadhar Card/UID card issued in the name of any of the parents.
What are the Compulsory Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admissions 2023-24?
- Passport-sized Photo of the Child, Child's Father/Guardian & Child's Mother/Guardian: A digital photograph with white background. The photograph shouldn’t be older than 3 months. OR a properly cropped scanned photograph.
- Family Photo: A single digital photograph with the father, child, and mother with white background. The photograph shouldn’t be older than 3 months. OR a properly cropped scanned photograph.
- Residential Proof: Use any one of these – Ration Card belonging to the parent (with the child’s name mentioned); Voter ID (front & back); Passport of any parent (both sides); Aadhar Card of the child or any parent; Bill (water/electricity/MTNL telephone) on child’s or any parent’s name.
- Child’s Birth Certificate: Issued by the Municipal Corporation. It should be properly cropped with no irrelevant background and the child’s name, D.O.B, parent’s name, and attestation by the relevant authority should be clearly visible. The child’s name and D.O.B must be countersigned by the Registrar of Birth.
- Child’s Medical Fitness Certificate: Issued by a registered medical practitioner. The certificate should have Blood Group, Allergies (if any), Vaccination, etc. Before uploading, make sure there’s no irrelevant background and the D.O.B, child’s name and other details are clearly visible.
- Child’s Aadhar Card, Father’s/Guardian’s (if applicable) Aadhar Card, Mother’s/Guardian’s (if applicable) Aadhar Card: Both front and back should be uploaded. The document should be properly cropped with no irrelevant background, showing the address, name, birth year, and Aadhar Card number clearly.
Reservation of Seats for Delhi Nursery School Admission
How to Apply for Delhi Schools | Delhi Nursery Admissions 2023-24
How to Fill Nursery Admission Forms for Schools in Delhi?
- Explore all Nursery Schools in Delhi listed on UniApply
- Filter schools based on distance, fees, and popularity among other metrics
- Shortlist and Compare schools based on key school stats, academic stats, admission criteria & eligibility, teacher-student ratio, available facilities, etc.
- Fill UniApply’s Common Application Form and apply to multiple shortlisted schools at once
- Get real-time application status updates and finalize your decision
Also, read the below article for a better understanding of the Delhi Nursery School admission process:
- Delhi School Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admission
- How to Fill Admission Forms of Nursery Schools in Delhi
- Nursery Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Child
- School Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Parents
Delhi School Nursery Admission 2023-24 edudel.nic.in Link
|Delhi School Nursery Admission 2023-24||View Here|
|Delhi Nursery Admission 2023-24 Notice||View Here|
What is the Role of UniApply in the School Admission Process?
The main aim of UniApply is to ease the admission process for parents as well as schools. In Delhi, on average, it takes 20-25 days for a parent to complete the application process, but the processing time of application through UniApply is just 1 to 1.5 days. Parents can track the admission timeline and create a reminder by using the “Notify me” button. They can filter out the schools as per their preference and create their own shortlist, for applying to those schools they just need to fill out one application form and do the payment in one go. Not only this, parents can track the stages of their application process on a real-time basis on the dashboard provided. UniApply saves time and helps parents in making the right choice for their children.
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ When will nursery admission start in Delhi for Session 2023-24?
✅ What is the last date of school admission in Delhi for Session 2023-24?
✅ What is the age criteria for nursery admission in Delhi for Session 2023-24?
✅ What are the documents required for admissions in Delhi?
✅ When will school admissions start in Delhi?
✅ How can I check schools near me?
✅ How can I apply to schools in Delhi with UniApply?
✅ How can I get admission to schools in Delhi?
Fill in the child profile.
Make the payment.
Submit the application form.
Your application form fee will be submitted to the school in real-time, through a secured payment method.