What is the full form of CBSE?
The full form of CBSE is the Central Board of Secondary Education.
CBSE full form in Hindi is केंद्रीय माध्यमिक शिक्षा बोर्ड
|Full Form||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Formation||2 July 1929 (92 years ago) (02-07-1929)|
|Type||Governmental Board of Education|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Chairperson||Sh. Manoj Ahuja, IAS|
|Parent organisation||Ministry of Education|
|Affiliations||26,054 schools (2021)|
What is CBSE Board?
The Central Board of Secondary Education is a national board of education in India for both private and public schools, taken care of by the government. Established in 1929 by a resolution of the government, it was put in front to support and coordinate interstate integration for secondary education.
There are multiple schools in India as well as in foreign countries that are affiliated with CBSE. The board conducts all the important exams in the country, namely AIPMT and NEET.
The main aim of CBSE is to lay down a firm foundation for its students and bestow them with a stress-free environment where they could learn and grow. It aims on providing quality education to them where they could be able to give their best to society as a whole. It follows a holistic approach towards education where students are the center of focus. CBSE analyses and monitors the quality of its academic activities regularly. CBSE constantly innovates on methods to impart education and achieve academic excellence complying with the psychological needs of students. It encourages schools to record the growth of their students in a friendly way wherein teachers could act as a guide and mentors. CBSE consistently prepares and proposes plans to achieve quality standards in education that are in line with the national goals of education. It organizes various potential developing empowerment programs to increase the professional competence of its trainers and educators.
History of CBSE:
- In 1921, the first educational board to be set up in India was the Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education, It has under its jurisdiction Rajputana, Central India and Gwalior.
- In 1929, the government of India established a joint Board named Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Rajputana. This included Ajmer, Merwara, Central India and Gwalior.
- In 1952, the constitution of the Board was amended wherein its jurisdiction was extended to part-C and Part-D territories and the Board was given its present name ‘Central Board of Secondary Education‘.
All schools that come under the umbrella of CBSE follow the NCERT Curriculum.
In India, there are approximately 26,054 schools affiliated with CBSE. There are 1,138 Kendriya Vidyalayas, 595 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalas, and 3,011 Government aided schools, 14 Central Tibetan Schools, and around 16,741 private schools which are affiliated with CBSE.
Under normal circumstances, CBSE conducts the board exams for class Xth and XIIth each year in the month of March and then declare the results two months later.
What are the advantages of CBSE Board?
- CBSE Syllabus: Well-researched syllabus as per the national and international standards makes it valid throughout the country. The syllabus here is designed in such a way that prepares the students for exams like IIT-JEE by laying a firm foundation since its inception.
- CBSE Curriculum: CBSE curriculum is student-centred and the books are interactive. The books literally talk to children, the way they are written. The hands-on experiments provided after each topic increase the analytical caliber of students and the multiple questions at the end of each chapter allows them to revise and reiterate the concepts they have gone through.
- CBSE Test and Exam Format: Well-organized exam pattern tests them for a thorough understanding and learning, further ensuring that they are not just keeping the concepts in their minds and forgetting them later. The CBSE board supports a non-volatile memory through its brilliant learning techniques.
- CBSE Competitive Exams: All the major exams like AIPMT, NEET and more are conducted by the CBSE. CBSE provides a competitive edge to its students wherein most of the entrance exams follow the NCERT curriculum. This makes the students who have studied from CBSE Board stand apart from others. Education maestros say that the students who have studied from CBSE Board get selected in the top institutions of the country.
- Easy School Transfers: There is a large number of schools affiliated to CBSE, that helps in easy relocation and school change for children whose parents have job transfers or are required to relocate in a different city or place. This saves them from a whole year getting wasted as school change is also possible during the mid of the session.
- Supports Private Students: CBSE supports both regular and private students to appear for exams facilitating every child to learn and grow.
- One exam one Question Paper: CBSE supports a single question paper for one subject that ensures uniformity.
- Multiple Languages: CBSE supports education in both Hindi and English mediums and provides workbooks and reading material for each of them.
- CBSE Important Documents: CBSE class Xth Certificate works as the proof for personal details in the making of important documents like Passport, Driving License, and more.
CBSE Regional Offices
|Ajmer||Todarmal Marg, Ajmer-305030|
|Bengaluru||Degree College Building No. 57, Heserghatta Main Road, Near Sapthagiri Hospital, Chimney Hills, Chikkabanavara, Bengaluru – 560090|
|Bhopal||Rohit Nagar, Phase-II, Ward No.53, Bawadia Kalan, Bhopal-462039|
|Bhubaneswar||Plot No. 4(PT), Saileshree Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, District Khordha – 751 021, Odisha|
|Chandigarh||SCO-34 To 37, Jubilee Square, Block E, Aerocity, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab|
|Chennai||New No-3, Old No. 1630 A, “J” Block, 16th Main Road Anna Nagar West, Chennai-600040|
|Dehradun||99, Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun – 248001, Uttarakhand|
|Delhi East||PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.|
|Delhi West||C-128 & C-129, Mangolpuri Industrial Area, Phase-1, Delhi – 110083|
|Guwahati||Shilpo gram Road (Near Sankar dev Kalakshetra), Panjabari, Guwahati-781037|
|Noida||A-83, Sector -136, Noida, G.B. Nagar (U.P.) – 201305|
|Panchkula||Sector- 5, Panchkula – 134109 (Haryana)|
|Patna||Ambika Complex, Behind State Bank Colony, Near Brahmsthan, Sheikhpura, Raza Bazar, Bailey Road Patna-800 014|
|Prayagraj (Allahabad)||35 B, Civil Station, M.G. Marg, Civil Lines, Prayagraj (Allahabad) – 211001|
|Pune||RLM Business Park, SR. NO. 28/4/A, Old Kharadi Mundava Road, Opposite to Bollywood Multiplex, Kharadi, Pune – 411014, Maharashtra|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Block – B, 2nd floor, LIC Divisional Office Campus, Pattom, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM – 695004, Kerala|
How to explore CBSE Schools near you?
Often parents are in a dilemma of choosing the right school for their child which lies near their locality. They often search the internet with phrases like ‘CBSE School near me’, but are still not able to find the right link to that. To solve this problem, the right solution is to go through UniApply.
UniApply is a common application platform that simplifies the entire school search process, application, and enrollment for both parents and students. It allows you to apply in multiple schools using a single form.
Make use of the UniApply search box to search a CBSE school nearby easily. You can also select the city of your choice to locate all the schools in that particular city. Any school there carries all the relevant details like the address, courses, and classes going on, monthly fees, the student-faculty ratio, and more. You can easily shortlist the schools based on your requirement and compare them easily. This seems the easiest way to plant a firm root for your child.
The perspective of Education varies as per the Board chosen, so this decision should be made wisely as it largely defines a child’s outlook towards life.