The Directorate of Education, every year keeps some reserved seats for the students who are from the category of Economical Weaker Section (EWS), Disadvantaged Group (DG) and CWSN Children with Special Needs Disadvantaged Group (DG) category. So, the guardians can apply for their child for school admission in the class from Nursery to first. Parents who want to register their child in the entry level classes for the EWS/DG category are required to fill the EWS Nursery Admission Form 2022 before the last date of registration.
EWS Admission 2022-23
The admission process for students under CWSN, DG and EWS seats in private schools has been difficult, with schools reporting less admissions in under unreserved seats. The schools are required to reserve 3% of their sanctioned strength in entry-level classes for CWSN students and 22% for EWS/DG students. This procedure is adapted to admit 1 EWS student for every 3 general category admissions.
As per a recent order by Delhi government’s Education Department, private schools will not be permitted to claim exclusion from EWS and CWSN student admissions quota on the basis of not being able to admit sufficient students in general category.
Schools have found it problematic to adhere by the norm with fewer EWS and CWSN admissions for the session 2021-22. 5000 seats of CWSN and 1000 seats of EWS reservation remained unfilled. As per the circular of the Department of Education, “The department has received numerous complaints from parents’ associations regarding refusal of concerned private unaided-recognized schools concerned for not giving admission to selected EWS/CWSN/DG category children on the basis of fewer general category admissions in the academic year 2021-2022. Further, several private unaided-recognized schools are now claiming they got fewer general category students for admission than the sanctioned strength. Thereby, they seek an exemption in admitting all the EWS/DG/CWSN category students allotted as per sanctioned strength to them, to the extent in proportion of the actually admitted general category students”.
Expected Due Dates for Delhi EWS Admission
The Schedule for the Delhi EWS/DG Admission Process May be as Given Below:
|February 2022||Commencement of Application Form|
|March 2022||Last date to submit the application forms in schools|
|March 2022||Uploading Of Marks|
|March 2022||Merit list of EWS and CWSN category students|
Eligibility Criteria for EWS
For EWS quota the income of the parents of those children should be less than 1 Lakh Rupees and for DG, CWSN category no income certificate is required. In these categories schools consider the application irrespective of the distance criteria too.
Age Limit for Delhi EWS Admission
The eligible age limits for admission in the entry level classes (Pre-school/ Nursery, Preprimary/KG and Class-I)
|Nursery or Pre-School||3 to 5 years on March 31, year of admission|
|KG or Pre-Primary||4 to 6 years on March 31, year of admission|
|Class I||5 to 7 years on March 31, year of admission|
However, the age criteria for Children with Disabilities Category as defined in the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 at Entry Level Classes (Pre-school/ Nursery, Pre-Primary / KG, and Class-I)
|Nursery or Pre-School||3 to 9 years on March 31, year of admission|
|KG or Pre-Primary||4 to 9 years on March 31, year of admission|
|Class I||5 to 9 years on March 31, year of admission|
Seat Quota: A minimum of 25% of the total seats of the private schools are allotted at the entry level as per the Right to Education Act 2009.
Steps to Apply for EWS
- First visit edudel.nic.in DOE website.
- Read the instructions carefully before applying.
- If you have not registered in this portal then click on “Registration for New User” on the left-hand side of the page and enter the credentials on the website edudel.nic.in.
- After that, a form will display just need to fill in required details such as
- Select class for which you want to apply
- Name of the child- first, middle and last name
- Mobile No
- An email address if having
- Date of Birth
- Select Proof of Date of Birth
- Enter Total annual income (should be less than 1 lac)
- Select category under which you are applying as EWS or DG
- Select proof of income on the basis of category EWS or DG
- Then select annual income proof certificate issued or applied
- Then issued certificate No and date of the issued certificate No
- Then you click on the register and your details will get submitted and you will get a registration number along with a password.
- After the registration, fill up the form online with the help of registration number as well as the password.
- Details of the applicant
- Choice of Schools (0-1 km)
- Choice of Schools (1-3 km)
- Choice of Schools (3-6 km)
- Choice of Schools (above 6 km)
- Final submission and Print
The forms are available in English as well as Hindi, which can easily be downloaded from the site and then it has to be submitted in the school along with all required documents.
How to Check Delhi EWS/DG Admission Result?
There is a simple process to check Delhi EWS/DG admission result for this just follow the given below steps:
- First of all, you need to visit the Directorate of Educations official website that is Edudel.nic.in or a direct link that is Edustud.nic.in or moreover you can search in google with the keyword of Edudel or Delhi EWS/DG admission 2021-22.
- After reaching the official govt site then just click on the link EWS/DG/FREESHIP Result 2021-22 on site.
- And then you need to enter your Registration No and Date of Birth.
- After entering details just click on submit button and then you will be able to know your result.
- Moreover, you can download a pdf of the result from the link on notification on Edudel’s official website to search for your child’s name.
- Delhi School Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admission
- How to Fill Admission Forms of Nursery Schools in Delhi
- Nursery Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Child
- School Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Parents
- FAQs – Delhi Nursery Admissions for Session 2022-23