The Directorate of Education, Under the Right to Education (RTE) Act, 2009, has reserved 25% seats for the students who are from the category of Economical Weaker Section (EWS), Disadvantaged Group (DG), and Children with Special Needs (CWSN) category. So, the guardians can apply for their child for school admission under the EWS admission category in the class from Nursery to Class 1. Parents who want to register their child in the entry-level classes for the EWS/DG category are required to fill out the EWS Admission Form 2022 before the last date of registration.
EWS Admission 2022-23
The EWS Admission process for students under CWSN, DG, and EWS category seats in private schools has been difficult, with schools reporting fewer admissions under unreserved seats. The schools are required to reserve 22% of their sanctioned strength in entry-level classes for EWS/DG category students and 3% for CWSN category students. This procedure is adapted to admit 1 EWS admission for every 3 general category admissions.
As per a recent order by Delhi government’s Education Department, private schools will not be permitted to claim exclusion from CWSN and EWS admission quota on the basis of not being able to admit sufficient students in general category.
Schools have found it problematic to adhere to the norm with fewer CWSN and EWS admissions for the session 2021-22. 5000 seats of CWSN and 1000 seats of EWS reservation remained unfilled. As per the circular of the Department of Education, “The department has received numerous complaints from parents’ associations the regarding the refusal of concerned private unaided-recognized schools concerned for not giving admission to selected EWS/CWSN/DG category children on the basis of fewer general category admissions in the academic year 2021-22. Further, several private unaided-recognized schools are now claiming they got fewer general category students for admission than the sanctioned strength. Thereby, they seek an exemption in admitting all the EWS/DG/CWSN category students allotted as per sanctioned strength to them, to the extent in the proportion of the actually admitted general category students”.
Delhi EWS Admission 2022-23: Admission Dates
The important dates for Delhi EWS admission 2022-23 are given below:
|29 March 2022||Commencement of Application Form|
|12 April 2022||Last date to submit the online application|
|19 April 2022||First computerized draw of lots for EWS Admission|
Eligibility criteria for Delhi EWS Admission 2022-23
The eligibility criteria for school admission under EWS Category are set by the Directorate of Education. The application form will get released in online mode only and students from EWS/DG/CWSN Category are eligible to apply online for Admission. The key points of eligibility for EWS Admission are as follows.
- Applicants should be residents of Delhi.
- The Annual Income of the Family should not be more than Rs. 1 Lakh per year.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission under Disadvantages group (DG) Category
As per the Directorate of Education, Children belonging to any of the following categories comes under the Disadvantages group (DG).
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribe
- OBC (Non-Creamy layer)
- A child with special needs suffering from disability, as defined in ‘Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995’.
- Orphans as defined in Juvenile Justice Act
- Children living with or affected by HIV
Age limit for Delhi EWS Admission 2022-23
As per the Directorate of Education, the eligible age limits for EWS admission in the entry level classes (Pre-school/ Nursery, Pre-Primary/KG and Class – 1)
|Nursery/Pre-School||3 to 5 years on March 31, 2022|
|KG/Pre-Primary||4 to 6 years on March 31, 2022|
|Class – 1||5 to 7 years on March 31, 2022|
Age limit for Admission under CWSN Category
The age criteria for Children with Disabilities Category as defined in the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 at Entry Level Classes (Pre-school/ Nursery, Pre-Primary / KG, and Class – 1)
|Nursery/Pre-School||3 to 9 years on March 31, 2022|
|KG/Pre-Primary||4 to 9 years on March 31, 2022|
|Class – 1||5 to 9 years on March 31, 2022|
Documents required for Delhi EWS Admission 2022-23
As per the Directorate of Education, the following documents are required for Delhi EWS Admission 2022-23. When applying online for EWS Admission upload the documents in scanned PDF format.
- Aadhar Card of Child issued by Govt. of India.
- Aadhar Card of Father/ Mother issued by Govt. of India.
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) of Child.
- Income Certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar of Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- BPL/ AAY/ Food Security Card issued by Food and Civil Supply Department of Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Applicants should be residents of Delhi: Domicile Certificate of Father/ Mother/ Child issued by Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- An affidavit in the case of Single Girl Child.
Documents required for Admission under Disadvantages group (DG) Category
There is no need to submit an income certificate along with an application form for DG category applicants. The following documents are required for admission under Disadvantages group (DG) Category.
- Cast Certificate: SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) caste certificate issued by Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar of Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The caste certificate of other states will not be accepted.
- Orphan and Transgender: Documentary evidence is required.
- Children with Special Needs/Disabled: Certificate of Disability/ Medical Certificate issued by Govt. Hospital in respect of child with Special Needs/ Disability
Seat Quota for EWS Admission in DelhiAs per the Right to Education Act 2009, a minimum of 25% of the total seats of the private schools at the entry level are reserved for EWS/ DG/ CWSN Category students
EWS Admission last date
EWS Admission Last Date – The Directorate of Education has issued a fresh notice for EWS School Admission for session 2022-23, the Last date for submitting applications is 12 April 2022. The draw of lots will be conducted on 19 April 2022.
How to Apply Online for EWS Admission 2022-23
- First visit edudel.nic.in DOE website.
- Read the instructions carefully before applying.
- If you have not registered in this portal then click on “Registration for New User” on the left-hand side of the page and enter the credentials on the website edudel.nic.in.
- After that, a form will display just need to fill in required details such as
- Select class for which you want to apply
- Name of the child- first, middle and last name
- Mobile No
- An email address if having
- Date of Birth
- Select Proof of Date of Birth
- Enter Total annual income (should be less than 1 lac)
- Select category under which you are applying as EWS or DG
- Select proof of income on the basis of category EWS or DG
- Then select annual income proof certificate issued or applied
- Then issued certificate No and date of the issued certificate No
- Then you click on the register and your details will get submitted and you will get a registration number along with a password.
- After the registration, fill up the form online with the help of registration number as well as the password.
- Details of the applicant
- Choice of Schools (0-1 km)
- Choice of Schools (1-3 km)
- Choice of Schools (3-6 km)
- Choice of Schools (above 6 km)
- Final submission and Print
The forms are available in English as well as Hindi, which can easily be downloaded from the site and then it has to be submitted in the school along with all required documents.
How to Check Delhi EWS Admission Result?
There is a simple process to check Delhi EWS/DG admission result for this just follow the given below steps:
- First of all, you need to visit the Directorate of Educations official website that is Edudel.nic.in or a direct link that is Edustud.nic.in or moreover you can search in google with the keyword of Edudel or Delhi EWS/DG admission 2021-22.
- After reaching the official govt site then just click on the link EWS/DG/FREESHIP Result 2021-22 on site.
- And then you need to enter your Registration No and Date of Birth.
- After entering details just click on submit button and then you will be able to know your result.
- Moreover, you can download a pdf of the result from the link on notification on Edudel’s official website to search for your child’s name.
- Delhi School Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required for Delhi Nursery Admission
- How to Fill Admission Forms of Nursery Schools in Delhi
- Nursery Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Child
- School Admission Interview Questions and Answers for Parents
- FAQs – Delhi Nursery Admissions for Session 2022-23